Hi,

Ok this is a learning opportunity, I thought odt is exactly the same as sxw just a with a different syntaxis. If I have a macro with a window form and I save that document. Does that mean that the code will be in the file or would it be
on my computer? Does that means that they are no-longer portable to another
OOo?

if written as a starbasic macro, it will remain in the file

Nevertheless, OpenDocument Oasis standard do not deal with macros
so IMHO .odt files handles more information (embedded images, macros ...) than the OpenDocument standard states.

OpenDocument for me is /only/ the xml description of an office document
but i may be false ...

Laurent

--
Laurent Godard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - Ingénierie OpenOffice.org
Indesko >> http://www.indesko.com