On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 12:43 -0400, Chuck wrote:
> My point is that OSS will never be more than a small niche compared to
> commercial software. Most people believe that a program's quality is
> proportional to it's price. In their minds, free = piece of crap,
> expensive equals great software with great support. I'm not saying this
> is true, but it's what most people think.  People for some strange
> reason *want* to pay for software when equal or superior software is
> available for free.
>
> OSS has been available for years to fill many needs and yet it never
> garners more than 1-2% of the market. Firefox, Thunderbird, OOo, Linux,
>  and others are perfect examples. They are all superior to their
> commercial counterparts but are no where near replacing them in the market.

Chuck-

You're wrong.  You'll need to read the adoption data coming from
offshore activity.  The US is no place to be making such broad
declarations because it will be the last place MS will sell product,
then poof, no more Microsoft...unless they become a Free Software
services company.  They could become good at that.

Your trolling doesn't work.  Check your data.

-Sam