Alex Janssen wrote:
[snipped 1.1.5rc announcement]

What? I mean, What happened to the version numbering system? :-) Weren't we just at 1.9.113 or 2.0 Beta?
I'm confused.  I mean, really confused, now!

Hello Alex

1.1.5 is considered necessary as a bridge for 1.1.x users to attend to a planned migration to 2.0 (uses the new OpenDocument format) when it becomes available.

1.1.5 follows the 1.1.x codeline, and an important item that I did miss from the message is that it includes the security patch that is required for 1.1.4.

1.9.m113 is the 2.0 codeline, and we are considering another beta prior to releasing 2.0 release candidates.

Release candidates are considered "final" but may have some bugs that need to be identified and squashed before becoming a production copy.There may be several iterations of release candidates before the software is considered production.

Find out more about versions and bug hunting at http://qa.openoffice.org/ and or join us on dev@qa.openoffice.org to make OpenOffice.org better better best.

Regards
Jacqueline McNally
Lead, OpenOffice.org Marketing Project