Jarek Sawiuk wrote:
> Hello
>
> An option in the word count dialog that would enable users to count
> characters both with and without space will be a much needed and long
> awaited one. It is a feature used widely in MS Office by translators,
> writers, journalists and technical writers, to name a few professions.
> As a character count without spaces is a basis for my, and the above
> people's fees, we are all using it on everyday basis. From what I've
> heard from numerous people, the lack of this feature restrains them from
> using OOo, forcing them to use MS Office instead. I don't understand how
> such a vital feature can be omitted in all the previous versions of OOo.
> Is it really so hard to implement?
>

> Jarek Sawiuk, translator, Poland
Hi Jarek,

steady on now... I am a translator myself and am more than happy with
the new word-count feature in OOo2. I never heard of the one you
requested and have never seen the need for it - nor has it, as far as I
can remember - been raised when the word count feature was discussed.

I am sure that, if the need exists, OOo will incorporate it. Perhaps you
should drum up some support...

Personally, I charge for empty spaces, too :)

Ingo