Hi,

A solution to this known problem can be found at:
http://documentation.openoffice.org/faqs/installation/026.html
and also in the user guide that you can get from:
http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/index.html

The folder mentioned in the faq doesn't exist on my hard drive
(OpenOffice.org1.x.x stands for OpenOffice.org1.1.5 in my case right?)! I'm
using windows xp with multi-user support.

Yes, 1.x.x would stand for 1.1.5 in your setup, however if the folder mentioned is not on your machine, I would suggest using the Windows search tool to look on your local hard drives for a file named Common.xcu. You will most likely find multiple instances of such a file, however, there will be one, located in a folder which probably contains the name of the user experiencing the problem and most importantly whose name ends as:
<somewhere>\user\registry\data\org\openoffice\Office\Common.xcu
(the "user" part is important, as other files would be located in a similar location but with "share" instead).

That's the file you should be renaming or deleting as per the instructions to solve the issue.

Cyrille