Hi Miika,

miika rissanen wrote:

When opening any openoffice application, new or existing files, i
receive error message - getstoragename "no content". I see that this
issue has been reported "issue 37304" How do I repair this as all my
bussiness documents are in open office

A solution to this known problem can be found at:
http://documentation.openoffice.org/faqs/installation/026.html
and also in the user guide that you can get from:
http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/index.html

The folder mentioned in the faq doesn't exist on my hard drive
(OpenOffice.org1.x.x stands for OpenOffice.org1.1.5 in my case right?)! I'm
using windows xp with multi-user support.

Which exact folder doesn't exist? The FAQ mentions

C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\OpenOffice.org1.x.x\

Here
- "Documents and Settings" and settings may have a different name, if you are using a localized version of Windows.
- "user" should be replaced by your login name
- "Application Data" also may have a different name in a localized version. It is a hidden folder, so you don't see it in explorer unless you switch on displaying hidden files in the explorer options. - There should be some OpenOffice.org... folder in there. If you don't find it, please post the content of the sversion.ini file (which is in the same location)

As an example, in my German version of Windows, and using StarOffice instead of OpenOffice.org, this folder is named

C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Jörg\Anwendungsdaten\StarOffice7\

HTH, Joerg

--
Joerg Barfurth              Sun Microsystems - Desktop - Hamburg
Software Engineer                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
OpenOffice.org Configuration          http://util.openoffice.org