Le vendredi 04 novembre 2005 à 14:13 -0600, Randomthots a écrit :
> Daniel Carrera wrote:
>
> > Randomthots wrote:
> >
> >> This is why I question the philosophy of keeping the "wall of
> >> separation" between "office productivity" apps and "communication
> >> tools", like browsers and e-mail clients that some on this list seem
> >> so adamant about.
> >

> > It would be stupid for OOo to try to do everything. It has to make a
> > decision about what it's trying to be, and stick to that.
>
> Sure. But is that decision carved in stone? Regardless of customer
> demand or desire? BTW, what exactly is the "it" making this decision?
> Not the program itself, I assume. It's people, right now mostly people
> working for Sun, and people have been known to change their minds when
> appropriate.

Just because you're one user does not mean every potential user/customer
shares your wishes. Lots of people would put DTP or CAD before mail
(plenty of good mail clients already, remaining problems server-side not
client-side).

And anyway you can't sanitize/optimize code while integrating boatloads
of new features. Next release focus is "optimizing" so don't expect
whole new components in this one.

--
Nicolas Mailhot