Alexandro Colorado wrote:

On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 17:02:35 -0000, Randomthots <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

The files ARE different. The one produced by Word is 19 kB and the one produced by OOo is only 9 kB. Opening them both in Notepad they are obviously different, but it's all gibberish so I have no idea where the relevant differences occur.

I suggest to be testing your app in XML format instead of binaries if you want to open this in Notepad.

The whole purpose of the test was to see what was different between identical documents created in OOo and Word when saved in doc format. Word2000 doesn't even have any XML capabilities AFAIK.

If I was a software engineer looking at this I would probably need to open them in something that would show me hex code and then run a diff on them.

--

Rod