On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 01:05:14 -0000, Paul Scott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Paul wrote:

I'm sure it could be done. However the purpose of PDF's is to provide
a non-editable format (as much as possible).
Can you document that?  How does Portable Document Format imply that?

Actually not, the only reason that is non-editable format is the lack of having Acrobat applications. (Acrobat Reader is free but Acrobat cost money). The whole point of PDF is NOT un-editable documents, but the concept of PDF is that your documents will present a consistency across PC on the way it is portrait, that means it will keep th fonts, the size and the overal format on a consistent presentation for desktop app.

There are other tools out
there than can edit and manipulate pdf's - which would probably be
better used.

KOffice can edit PDF, so are many windows freewares such as http://www.cadkas.de/downengtools8.php PDFEditors, the truth is that if we DONT do this right away someone else will do it. This will make our application fall behind on providing the necesary tools that users demand.

Why? Once import exists it shouldn't make any difference. Sounds like a *possibly* good idea to me.

Paul Scott

Alexandro Colorado
CoLeader of OpenOffice.org ES
http://es.openoffice.org