On 11/25/05, Shawn K. Quinn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> It shouldn't be too hard. It's in Google's interest to do so as they
> have contributed to the cause and they are a Microsoft competitor. A
> simple "heads up" to the right person might help.

I don't think this is something that Google has any control over.  There
results are generated by the content of the web, not by somebody making a
choice which page is best.  The order of the words does make a difference.
If you want the words "Office open" to yield "OpenOffice.org" you have to
build the website in such a way that those words are associated with it - in
that order.  That, or build other websites about OOo with the phrase "Office
open" in the headers and links.  It's all about search engine
optizimatation.  The fact that Yahoo and Google yield similiar results shows
that it's not a choice made by someone within the company.  Search results
are automated.

--
- Chad Smith
http://www.gimpshop.net/