Hi Henrik,

Henrik Eismark wrote:
In the top bar a field for looking up in Google could be available.

I am particularly interested in using the field for finding definitions for terms via the google define: command.

This is very suitable for a word processor, not at least when doing translations as I do right now, while I got this idea.

It will also be of benefit to real authors, who are looking for psynonyms to enhance their style in the text.

The field should be a able to open the default browser and copy the command to google returning a list of definitions. Of course it will also be possible simply to search google when not entering 'define:'

If you want to be real fancy, highlighting a word could find a definition by right clicking the mouse getting the dropdown menu. That is there should in the dropdown menu be an imtem: 'Define'. This would really be unique for OpO.

If you want a 'Search' item could likewise be available in the dropdown menu, but the 'Define' is much more relevant for a word processor.

What do you feel about this suggestion?

you can do this very easy using the Hyperlink Bar:
1. choose View - Toolbars - Hyperlink Bar.
2. to get a feel for this tool, enter any word into the left text box, then open the drop down icon at the right of the bar, click at the Google entry. 3. you want an automatic "define:" in front of the submitted word? Choose Tools - Options - Internet - Search. 4. Click the Google entry in the left list. Next to "Type", click the Exact radio button.
5. Go to the end of the Prefix string. It should end with %22. Add define:
6. Click Modify, then OK.
7. Test again as in step 2.

It is possible to press F1 for online help and enter the index words "search" and "Internet" to find what you want... ;-)

Kind regards
Uwe
--
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -  Technical Writer
  StarOffice - Sun Microsystems, Inc. - Hamburg, Germany