On Tuesday 06 December 2005 12:04, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi There,
>     Actually what I have is not criticism in any way. I am  very
> impressed with the software. I have found though when it becomes
> necessary  to convert .obt files to .doc files in word they do
> not transfer accurately, I  still have to go into word and redo
> the formatting all over again. I don't use  "word' just for that
> reason but some of my associates only have word on their
> computers. If I could completely convert all my files into
> "openoffice" format I would, I really like the program.
>     On another tack, if I could import .pdf files and do
> corrections on them it would be a great benefit, (to me, that
> is).

There are several ways that I have found to do it.
In LInux, Kword-1.4.2 will open pdf files and save them in odt
files.  It is not entirely satisfactory, since it treats each page
as a frame.  In order to be useful in OOo, I had to copy and paste
each page into a newly created odt document, which worked fine.
This may also have to do with the options in Kword that I'm not
familiar with.  I want it to work well, so I don't have to boot
Windows just to convert pdfs.

In Windows, the best I have found is Omnipage Pro, which does a very
good job of converting pdf's to doc files which can be imported
into OOo and changed to odt or whatever you need.

Actually, the most satisfactory for me, so far, has bee Omnipage.
I've tried several other methods and pdf2ps convertors in Linux with
not too much success.  I keep looking and trying.

For translations, I use OmegaT, a translation memory program written
in Java which uses OpenOffice.org or OpenDocument formats as its
default: convert pdf to odt, translate, edit, usually export to doc
and pdf to send to clients.

regards,
Richard.