Mark Cunningham wrote:

Firstly, I'm not talking about the archaic M$ product.

I've just been writing my dissertation on NeoOffice (the Mac port of Open Office) and realized there were some things I defiantly wanted to put into the document, but didn't yet know where to put them.

I need a place just to dump ideas while I'm working, where I won't forget about them. I've tried putting them in a second document, but that means they're not in my immediate focus range.

Currently my best solution is a piece of paper....I think it would be lovely to be able to have a floating note pad, which sits to the side of my page instead. Don't know what I mean? I've done an edited screenshot to try to describe it;
www.markeyc.com/ooo.jpg

Hope this is use full and thanks to everyone for the stonkingly great product OOO already is....

MarkeyC

Hi Mark,
This should be put up on issuezilla as an RFE (request for enhancement)
login and go to http://qa.openoffice.org/issue_handling/submission_gateway.html and follow the instructions.

I like this idea as I do the same thing. My normal system is to have a text editor (Kate in my case) window open across the top with notes in and a Writer window open below, but a pane for putting notes in, docked below stylist for instance, or as a tab in navigator, would be an excellent idea.

cheers
Yo

--
Graham Lauder
OpenOffice.org Marcon (Marketing Contact) NZ

INGOTs Gold Assessor Trainer
http://www.theingots.org

Member Opendocument Fellowship
http://www.opendocumentfellowship.org