Chuck wrote:
Following are in order of most to least significant.
Pros
====
. Free
. Reads and writes MS Office file formats
. Short learning curve for those coming from MS Office

That's very sad. It makes it sound like a free MS Office rip-off. No wonder people see OOo just like that. How about this:

* Cross platform. Run it on Windows or Linux.
* Uses OpenDocument natively, so your data is secure.
* Higher reliability. You're less likely to lose a document.
* Features that work. Consider styles, master documents and templates.
* Includes a vector graphics application (MS Office does not).
* Superior integration. Open a WP file from your spread sheet. Draw an image on Draw and paste it on Writer.

The last two things you said are not "features". They are counter arguments for people who might be afraid of using OOo. Selling them as features makes OOo look bad (because both are things that MS Office "obviously" does better).

If you want to make it a feature, say this:

* Opens your old MS Office files *better* than MS Office.

Cheers,
Daniel.
--
     /\/`) http://oooauthors.org