Chuck wrote:

The OP specifically asked to skip that stuff. If you leave that all out,
it is a free alternative to MS Office.

I'm betting he's trying to justify OOo to a bunch of suits that are
afraid of using anything but MS Office. Those "pros" should alleviate
those fears.

Well understood, Chuck.
I do not hide my enthousiasm when communication about OOo (which is my business, profession). Could not even do that, if I wanted. However, I try to be honust as well.
(That's by far the main reason that I'm hapy to have left the Ms-ship)
And for seats, headlines and balanced information is important.

Greetings.

Cor