On 19 Jan 2006 at 12:22, Chad Smith wrote:

---clip---
> And, btw, OOo X11 *doesn't* run on my Macs because I have Tiger, and OOo
> won't work without X11 and I have been completely unable to install X11 on
> my Mac.  The only way I've been told to do it is with the install disc for
> Tiger, and that want to reinstall my operating system.
---clip---

Did you try this? It sounds like it will install optional part without
reinstalling the whole operating
system.

More custom reinstallation options with Mac OS X 10.4

Want to reinstall a part of Mac OS X 10.4 after it's already installed? It's
easy!
   1. Insert your Mac OS X 10.4 Install disc.
   2. Double-click the "Optional Installs.mpkg."
   3. After the installer opens, you can choose from the following custom
install options:
   4. You can expand each section (except Additional Fonts) by clicking the
disclosure triangle
to the left of the section name, if you want even more specific custom install
options. Once
you've selected the items, simply click OK, then click Install.

Here's a complete list of all the custom installation options available with
Optional
Installs.mpkg:

    * Applications
          o Address Book 4.0
          o iCal 2.0
          o iChat 3.0
          o iTunes 4.7.1
          o Mail 2.0
          o Oxford Dictionaries
          o Safari 2.0
          o X11
--clip--

--
Larry I. Gusaas,
Moose Jaw, Sask.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0603-3, 01/18/2006
Tested on: 1/19/2006 12:46:23 PM