Chuck wrote:

> I think you guys may want to run some hardware diagnostics on whatever

If it happened on one or two machines, you might have a point.

But when it happens on machines at different Kinko's locations, half a
dozen of their competitors, and assorted machines at places where I
have worked, the only conclusion I can draw, is that MSO was designed
for somebody who never needs to create, or edit a document.

It doesn't matter what version of MSO I use, or where I use it,. I can
count on corruption occurring every time I hit the 10 000 word mark.

>Microsoft

In my experience, the most reliable things about MSo are:
i) Creating document that  re corrupt;
ii) Giving me the Blue Screen of Death;

FWIW, it doesn't matter which version of Microsoft windows, or which
version of MSO I use, the results are the same.  Corrupt documents,
and the Blue Screen of Death.

Did you understand what I wrote:

>>About once a week for compressed files.  Usually because of
transmission glitches.

The issue is _transmission_ glitches.  Data that is garbled when it is
transmitted from one point as binary data to another point.

xan

jonathon
--
Ethical conduct is a vice.