On 3/10/06, Sam Hiser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I strongly disagree, Chad. There are several points where ODF becomes
> highly relevant to Google's plan.

Not really.

OpenDocument may be a nice alternative archival format - but it will never
replace .doc or .xls.

The point is, however, despite my personal views on the format - Google is
much more interested in getting a real program - not vaporware.  iRows
exists, today, I used it today.  It's online right now - check it out -
http://www.irows.com/  Wikicalc is vaporware.  There's nowhere I can go
signup and log in.  I can download an alpha-prerelease - but that's not an
online spreadsheet if I have to download it.  If Google wanted a
downloadable office suite - they'd use OpenOffice.org.  We're talking about
online stuff - like Writely.

--
- Chad Smith
http://www.gimpshop.net/