Lars D. Noodén wrote:

> How feasible would it be for OOo to load strings (e.g. menu labels and
> dialog messages) at runtime?  Apparently Opera does this already, see
> xx.lng where xx is the two letter ISO-639 language code.
>
> Having strings load at runtime would allow the end user to further
> customize the interface.  It would also make translation / localization
> effort very much easier.
>
> Is that something worth adding to a wish list for some future revision?

I'm not sure if we have the same understanding of "loading at runtime".
Of course OOo loads all strings at runtime. :-)

Do you mean OOo should load its strings from editable text files to make
it easier to change them? Well, at least for menus we already do this,
nor for dialogs.

Do you want that OOo always reloads strings from those files so that
even changes in them while OOo is running will be reflected in the GUI
immediately? I don't think that we will do this for several reasons,
mainly performance and consistency (it's hard to change loaded and
displayed strings afterwards).

Or do you mean something else?

Best regards,
Mathias

Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.