Lars D. Noodén wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Mar 2006, Mathias Bauer wrote:
> [snip]
>> Do you mean OOo should load its strings from editable text files to make
>> it easier to change them? Well, at least for menus we already do this,
>> nor for dialogs.
> [snip]
>
> That is what I meant.  It would be useful if the dialogs and help text
> also did that.  Which file(s) should I look in to find the menu text?

You can go to the "share" part of the registry files and then switch to
data/org/openoffice/Office/Ui. Here you find some files named
"xxxCommands.xcu" where "xxx" can be "Generic", "Writer", "Calc" etc.
They contain the english strings for the menu and toolbar labels. The
strings for other languages can be found in the corresponding locations
in the "res" tree of the registry.

Best regards,
Mathias

Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.