Andrew Robertson wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: Alexandro Colorado [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

OpenOffice.org is an office/productivity suite and Outlook is a
communication bundle. To do a project like this will be a big deviation of
resources. Just because MSO package a PIM under their same bundle doesnt
mean is part of an office suite. None of the other office suites out there
package a PIM application.

I never said that the M$ PIM Outlook was part of an office suite, just that
it tightly integrated with one. I would like to see someone, Sun, OOo,
ANYONE make a PIM of Outlook caliber or better that integrates as tightly
with OOo as Outlook does with Office. I know none of the other office suites
out there bundle with an integrated PIM; this is one of the reasons why M$O
dominates, aside form their sheer marketing muscle.

I suggest looking for a PIM application. Linux is a better platform for
this were you have a choice between Kontact, Evolution, Zimbra and other
PIM in similar fashion.

I have been, I can't find anything worthwhile on a Winblows platform. Linux
would be an excellent place to go, except that most businesses are not in a
place to switch from Winblows to Linux. And my goal is to get the company I
work for, and other businesses I work with to switch from M$O to OOo. But
business users of M$O rely heavily on Outlook, and will not switch until
there is a compatible PIM that integrates with OOo just as tightly, or
better.

Novell (NLD) benefits a lot from OpenOffice.org (and happily they do contribute).
So what about OOo benefiting from Evolution??

Cor

--
Cor Nouws
www.nouenoff.nl - www.bsooo.nl - http://nl.openoffice.org