From: John and Karen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2006 11:58 AM
To: discuss@openoffice.org
Subject: [discuss] first Time!

Hi, this is my first time, so if I am in the wrong area, or whate-ever,
please foregive me and lead me in the right direction.
First of all, I don't have a spell checker and I can't spell worth of beans.
What I wanted to know in Calc is, I have some protected cells and some
unprotected cells, and I protected the sheet.  The cells that I am
protecting have formulas in them.  When I tried to sort, I got a meassage
that protected cells could not be sorted.  Therefore I had to highlight all
of the data to be sorted and then sort.  Is there a way to tell the calc
program not to try to sort protected cells, but to sort all other cells?
Maybe in some complictated spreadsheets this would not be what one wants,
but I think in most cases, there should not be any problem with this
opperation.  am I wront?  Is there a way to do this now, or does this need
to be programed into Calc?  Also, is there a way to not sort formatting?  I
have every other line with a light gray background.  When I sorted, this got
all mest up.  Also when you cut and past data, it passes the formatting on
as well.  I think there sould be a way of protecting formatting without
protecting data.  Has anybody else have these concerns?  Thank You.