Michael Devenish wrote:

As a suggestion, could OOo provide funding for a competition for developers to produce an installer, say cash prizes for the top 3 rated installers. For example, $500 for the winner, $250 for second and $100 for third, as voted by OOo users. We'd need to ok this with the project leaders though.

Sounds decent. I would have expected an installer to 'materialise' once the project reached maturity, but I suppose this can't hurt. The one caveat is that if the project is not yet complete, you may be jumping in prematurely ( this is why I expected one to appear at *maturity* ). You'd have to talk to the developers about whether the time is right for an installer.

If this goes ahead, I think we should round up everyone in the mailing lists who has insisted on an integrated email client and ask them to put their money where their mouth is by funding the prizes. It is my belief that they will make themselves scarce at this point :)

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer