On 11/09/2006, at 02:53, Randolph D Garrett wrote:

I'm a job seeker (well, will be when I can).

I was just looking at the openings in Source Forge for the Open Office and
others.

Are virtually ALL jobs / projects in open software unpaid positions? Only
supported by "donations" and for the primary persons only?

There are a few paying jobs in projects like OpenOffice (heck, I even got payed to work on OpenOffice for a while) but you most likely won't find them on SourceForge. The people that I know who worked for pay on OpenSource projects tended to get there by one of three ways: 1) They where working for free on the project, and then where contacted as asked "would you want to do the same, just for pay?" 2) They where employed by a company that contributes to OpenSource development. 3) They are consultants / self employed, and one of the things they do for there clients is relevant work in OpenSource projects.

---
Shoshannah Forbes
http://www.xslf.com