[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi Mathias
>
>> > Bill Gates did it extremely good - he saves only
>> > changes, in contrast
>>
>> The ODF does not allow to save only changes. This is
>> a price to pay for
>> a real standard: you can't always optimize it for a
>> special purpose
>> because this will reduce its usefulness for others.
>
> So this should be explicitely stressed on openoffice.org, that this program
> is not optimized for poeple who need to create a document containing
> images.

The problem with saving changes or not is more general, not related only
to pictures. If you use linked pictures and not embedded ones the
document doesn't get a lot bigger and so any saving performance problems
are not related to the images.

This is different for embedded images, here it depends on how many
images you have and how big they are. I agree that OOo Writer isn't an
appropriate tool to create large image catalogs in case you embed the
images and don't link them.

So if you have a document with a lot of images and you have to save it
quite often you should first link the images and if your have your
document finished break the links and finally embed the pictures.

Best regards,
Mathias

Please reply to the list only, [EMAIL PROTECTED] is a spam sink.