Miles Lane wrote:
Personally, what I am really interested in seeing is complete support
for MS Word's WordArt.  I find I am unable to edit WordArt with
Writer.
I find Fontwork to be really good; compared to WordArt even better in most ways. I would like being able to rotate by dragging a handle like in office, and to havea few more gradient options (for many things) and easier to use color options. (see below)

Also borders (including border art) and shading/background options is lacking, as is the color options. I like to see several different color and shade options such as the hexagon and custom pattern in office as well as the shade intensity selector (or whatever you'd call that) or even something resembling an html color options chart would be more helpful than the basic options there are now. What I would like for shading would be to use the color options with draw such as gradient, the area options, etc. for backgrounds on the page as well as the frames (I use frames because it has similar functionality to the text boxes in publisher). More options for gradient would be great too, such as to be able to better control the size of the gradient area (I may want it to fade 1/4 inch from the edge, or most of the way to the center). What I would like for borders would be to be able to have simple dashed, dotted etc. lines as well as border art. Border art as in being able to have a picture repeat itself for the border, or be able to have a zigzag or other such continuous pattern around the border.

It would also be convenient to be able to affix a graphic directly to a frame, so you could get the orientation desired in the frame and maintain it when the frame is moved. Also to be able to rotate a frame with a handle like you would with the Fontwork suggestion.

That's my 2 cents on the functionality I would like to see in Ooo that I currently depend upon publisher for.

Stephanie