Mathias Bauer wrote:

We are indeed supporting the Lightning project. Once this will have
reached a "final" state we can work on possible integrations between
Thunderbird/Lightning and OOo. As both projects (OOo and Mozilla) have
suitable technologies and we are able to bridge between them I'm sure
that we will find ways to integrate them. These integration components
should be developed and deployed as extensions for OOo and
Thunderbird as well.

In the meantime people can think about possible integrations and specify
them. Could be an interesting project.

Ciao,
Mathias

Fantastic! FWIW, I'm very pleased with that direction.

My short list of integrations:

1. Shared dictionaries. Particularly useful for those in jargon-rich professions.

2. The address book needs to be expanded somewhat and it needs to be editable from within OOo.

3. "Insert Calendar Object" in the OOo "Edit" menu. The object could use data that's either linked to a central server or embedded data like you can currently do with images or a spreadsheet.

3. OOo files should be among the items managed by the PIM. E.g., documents should be linked to contacts, meetings, todo items, etc.

Rod