I read this article this morning and it doesn't fit my experiences but that it not the point. What is important are the comments that OOo isn't compatible and no future plans. I guess OOo isn't spending millions of dollars to sell the software.

I would like to know the compatibility issues in more details. This looks more like an advertisement than a true statement.

There are also kickbacks in the form of free software for the employees.

http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/tech/A6AB17B34B1BA81ECC2573160079BFBC

--- quote---
“The first, with Open Office, is compatibility — sharing information with Microsoft products, both within the organisation and with external parties. A dual world is complicated and, whether people like it or not, Microsoft is a standard.

“Second, you have no idea where open-source products are going, whereas vendors like Microsoft provide a roadmap for the future.

“It’s about futures, planning and integration.”
---End quote---

--
Due to the move to Exchange Server,
   anything that is a priority, please phone.