Lionking-Cyan wrote:
Hi. I wanted to ask you if with open office it's possible to remove the spaces
between the lines (pratically, the ones you get pressing enter twice) for a
selected part of the text, in an automatic way. And also, is it possible to
fill the lines? I mean, when i copy a text on open office, it often only fills
let's say 2/3 of the lines. In order to fill them, and thus require less pages
to print it, i need to press delete at the start of each line manually. Is
there a funcionality to do it automatically for a selected part of the document?
If they aren't in open office, could you implement these 2 funcionalities in
future releases please? I believe it's very important to print documents copied
from the web, in fewer pages.
Thx.
i don't know if there exists such a feature right now in OO.org but you can do it on your own with a macro.

For example:
#####
Sub RemoveEmptyLines
  Dim oCcursor As Variant
  Dim oText As Variant

  oText = ThisComponent.getText()
  oCursor = oText.CreateTextCursor()
  oCursor.GoToStart(False)
  Do
    If NOT oCursor.gotoEndOfParagraph(true) Then Exit Do
      If  oCursor.getString() = "" Then
        oCursor.gotoNextWord(true)
        oText.insertString(oCursor, "", true)
    endif
  Loop Until NOT oCursor.gotoNextParagraph(false)
End Sub
#####

Maybe there exists an easier way but it works ;-)

Juergen