On 9/19/07, Vaughn Grisham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> First of all, thank you for OpenOffice.
>
> I'd like to suggest that OpenOffice incorporate WYSIWYG web authoring and
> destop publishing components. After moving to Ubuntu Linux, The only two
> Windows programs that I miss are Microsoft FrontPage and Microsoft
> Publisher.

Well Writer is a basic WYSIWYG HTML editor. there are better
(suited-to-the-task-and-hence-leaner) wysiwyg web authoring cum
publishing tools for linux. some should already be in your
distribution.

> Also, I think that Gnumeric is a great spreadsheet program. Prior to moving
> to Ubuntu, I used Microsoft Excel for 20 years and Lotus 123 before that. I
> appreciate that Gnumeric uses many of the same keyboard shortcuts. I would
> really like to see OpenOffice Calc move in that direction (or perhaps
> replace Calc with Gnumeric).

Goto Tools menu and click on Customize... select the Keyboard tab and
if you want you can configure the keybindings similar to excel or even
something totally different which your fingers and wrist will thank
you for.

--
Diabolic Preacher
As Is