Vaughn Grisham wrote:
Hi,

First of all, thank you for OpenOffice.

I'd like to suggest that OpenOffice incorporate WYSIWYG web authoring and
destop publishing components. After moving to Ubuntu Linux, The only two
Windows programs that I miss are Microsoft FrontPage and Microsoft
Publisher.

Also, I think that Gnumeric is a great spreadsheet program. Prior to moving
to Ubuntu, I used Microsoft Excel for 20 years and Lotus 123 before that. I
appreciate that Gnumeric uses many of the same keyboard shortcuts. I would
really like to see OpenOffice Calc move in that direction (or perhaps
replace Calc with Gnumeric).

Thank you very much.

Vaughn Grisham
Alpine, Texas

Hello Vaughn

If you found Frontpage to be that great, you have a lot to learn.

If you want to get a basic web editing tool, get a copy of seamonkey, from the same people that make Firefox.

There is also nvu but I prefer Quanta plus. They should both be available to install in Ubuntu.

http://www.nvu.com/
http://quanta.kdewebdev.org/

For desktop publishing, look at scribus or dia.
http://web2.altmuehlnet.de/fschmid/about.html
http://www.gnome.org/projects/dia/

Welcome to the world or selection and choice. You can choose which program best suits your needs, not some software sellers point of view. And it doesn't cost you anything to try different programs.

I don't use Ubuntu but in Fedora there are tools to look for and find all the different programs available. Just search for what you want and add them to your machine. Test and if you don't like them, get rid of them.

You have already experienced that with Gnumeric and OpenOffice.org.

--
Robin Laing