Hello Juergen,

> more interesting is the question what you mean with "not so god .doc
> compatibility". Did you mean real conversion errors, missing data, bad
> formats or missing VBA features. For the latter one VBA i would say that
> we will never reach a really good compatibility.

I mean the onscreen formatting:
- Images are not in the places they are expected
- blank pages in places where there was no blank pages in word. This happens
mostly with tables ( we use vey much often tables because we have to write
many official things in two languages ( german and italian ) )
- sigle text lines that are indented ( eingerückt ) where in the original
text the lines started exactly one the same position.

> We are no simple clone althoug it looks so. We provide a good platform
> independent office suite with an open standardized document format that
> becomes adopted by more and more goverments and public offices all over
> the world.
I know. On my PC at home and office there is only OOo ( I must admin I have
access2000 installed because it does things OOo simply doesn't at the
moment )

> Don't be frustrated! There is often a lot of politics involved behind
> the scenes ;-)
No politics in this case, simply a office with to much power. The problem is
that now probably all the other users that already use OOo will cry loud
for word !

> But the good thing is that we always work on better compatibility.
>
> Juergen

Bye and thank you very much for Openoffice

Andreas