On 2008-12-07, at 11:02 , André Schnabel wrote:

Hi Bernhard,

Dr. Bernhard Dippold schrieb:

I don't know if it is on purpose, that the Community Manager (Louis) is not part of the Community Council. He might be included as "Sun Staff Member", but the only part where Community Managers are mentioned is the one about approving modifications to the charter.

Well ... the Comunity Manager is allowed to be a member of the Council (as any community member is). But (imho) she (curentlly he) should be member, elected because of his reputation within the project, not because a pre-defined rule in the charter ;).

I quite agree and always have. In fact, I fought hard in the first charter to make it that the CM must prove him or herself.

But I'm also lead or co-lead of Website, Incubator, Native-Lang, and others, such as Distribution, Education, BizDev, though I confess my role is intentionally subdued now in those projects.

André

best
louis