Ed Jones wrote:
On or about 1/10/2009 6:43 AM, Lloyd Lecuona typed the following:
Hi Guys,

LOVE OpenOffice BUT and its a HUGE but!! You are going to have to work a plan
to allow Microsoft Word to open the ODT documents automatically. I sent out 200
emails to employees with OpenOffice attachments and only 3 could open the file!
You will not grow unless you are able to chomp into the leader in the industry
and to do that we the users have to be able to do it without hassles or large
plug ins.

Kind regards
Lloyd

I would suggest you send your documents in PDF format.  There are a
number of free readers and you can create a PDF using the export to PDF
in OO or use the free pdf creater program which creates a pseudo printer
to create the PDF file.
PDF creator can be found at:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/
Rather than PDF, you might want to use Word's native DOC format if those who you send documents to might need to be able to edit those documents. You might also think about having all those people also install OOo on their machines, remember, it is free and no licence restrictions.