Hi,

It is nice to hear that you are using OO for your regular works.

2009/7/8 Ugly Sean <u...@frightenstein.com>:
> After a recent experience I'm interested in knowing (this is a dumb yet
> poorly worded question): How compatible is OOo with Adobe Acrobat/Adobe
> Reader?

The Exported PDF file is fully compitable with acrobat reader.
There should not be any issue on viewing the PDF file.

> The even was our 10th wedding anniversary (yesterday actually) and
> I wrote up a card for my wife using OOo Writer.  So far so good. I had it
> export it to an Adobe file since I don't have a printer and where I do have
> access to a printer - they have Adobe Reader and I don't have liberty to
> install OOo. Unfortunately when I attempted to print it out, while it DID
> print, it only came out probably a third the actual size.

can you open the PDF file?
How it looks?

If you dont have acrobat reader try Foxit reader.
it is small and free.

Else, Have a print preview in writer.
It will show how it will look exactly on print.

> It had to do, I
> suppose, but I found it disappointing. Is this supposed to be what usually
> happens?
>
> I guess I could have tried exporting it to MS Word format instead but I
> mistakenly thought I'd have better luck with Adobe.

Exporting to MS Word may have little formatting problem.
PDF is the best solution to keep all the formatting same in all platforms.

--
Regards,
T.Shrinivasan

My experiences with Linux are here