Cool answer, thanks.

Just to light out my own requests, it mainly concerns things which are like:
-Stability of handling tables in Impress.
-Loss of slides when saving Impress files in Note mode, with PPT extensions
-Loss of links between diagrams in Impress or others
-Misc bugs when converting from PPT to/form OOo.

What I mean is that it is generally quite basic, limited to just insuring compatibility with MS files, and insuring no work is lost, or no big manual rework is needed. I do not ask for things which do not exist in MSO.

By the way, you bring me the idea that I could be more specific. I can imagine creating a kind of market, with some subjects like 'compatibility between MS Projetct and Impress' by instance, and list out the missing points, and "somebody/something" would propose/collect money so that programmers would work on some items, depending on the money, with the target of a batch/synchronised release, or version, or whatever is their way of packing work together, in order to stay synchronised with teh general OOo route.

Bien cordialement / With Best Regards

Patrick DESAUNAY
+33 (0) 6 85 21 84 80
www.formachats.com
membre du club Achats35 www.clubachats35.com

Cor Nouws a écrit :

Hello Patrick,

Patrick DESAUNAY wrote (31-7-2009 11:56)
I have  a proposition.

As OOo is containing very old bugs, and missing features (vs MS) which are annoying some users (like me) and are never fixed, and may discourage users (like me),

and, as, on another hand, OOo is welcoming financial supports, would there be a way that donators (like me, in such a case) could donate to have specific bugs fixed?

-What are the comments of the people in the forum?
-If this becomes a widely approved idea (or a "why not?" idea), does anybody here knows who to talk with so that this becomes a real procedure (in a reasonable time frame)?

Thank a lot for mailing your positive suggestion.
I have been thinking along the same line various times and discussing here and there.

The idea as such has some practical implications.
- The main team of developers is doing work that is planned and I think it will not be easy to integrate the stimulus of many varying donations in the planning. - Also it is not easy to pick someone up and let him/her work on a random piece of code. - It can be more useful to work one more issues in one area, rather than picking up isolated ones. - You have to set up a mechanism that channels the various donations to specific issues - anyway I guess that most people will not (be able to) donate so much that significant issues can be fixed for that single donation.

On the other hand, there are also changes:
- There is a gradually growing pool of developers that have experience with OpenOffice.org, that do not work for the big(gest) corporate contributor(s). Those people might indeed be interested to do work for bounties. - If the potential to raise funds is extended to the full, it will even be possible to attract more full time developers for the work. That might be combined with a way to channel donations for specific issues.

If more people are enthusiastic about it (let's see what is written to the list), you can just start to work it out. Maybe the community council can help, but that is not mandatory.

And oh ... pls don't forget that also in other office suites many bugs never get fixed ;-)

Kindest regards,
Cor