Gene Young wrote:
Robert Derman wrote:

It is questions like this that make me think that OOo should include a pair of manuals in the download package, either in PDF or ODF formats, the presence of which would be made obvious the first time you opened the suite. The help provided under the help button is totally inadaquate.

How so? Search Footnote and it tells you how. In what way is the help "totally inadequate"?
I have sometimes found the info under Help to be out of date, and many topics are simply not covered at all. Also NO help system in ANY piece of software is ever a real and adaquate substitute for a good users manual. Many times I have found that what you really need is to have the software on screen in front of you and a manual open on the desk at the same time. In other words, you need a hard copy!

One should be a quick start manual, and the other should go into extensive detail about all the modules. If there are manuals there now, I have not found them which shows that if they are there, they are too hard to find.