Hi Ahmed and Bruce,

thanks for looking at this - I must admit that I am not very familiar
with the different cell/sheet protection features in Calc.

I just wanted to point that this is _not_ a security issue, and even not
a privacy issue.

Cell protection is a pure UI feature. The content is not encrypted in
the document (except for password protected documents).

So this issue might end up in a missing feature in Calc (cell protection
doesn't work w/o sheet protection), or in a bug that the xls import
filter doesn't recognize this feature.

Malte / OOo Security Team.