> Hi all,
>
> Frank Schoenheit, Sun Microsystems Germany schrieb:
>
>  Hi Barbara,
>>

>>> So far, I've seen no evidence that anybody actually monitors the
>>> users-owner account.  Hmm .. maybe we can petition to have Paul be the
>>> list owner? :-)
>>>

>> If he volunteers, this can be done. Just verified with Martin
>> Hollmichel: The currently-set owner is not active anymore, so he asked
>> who else we should set up as owner.
>>
>> Opinions?
>>

> Even if I support nominating Paul as list-owner, I think that this will not
> solve the problem of unsubscribing people.
>
> If I've been told correctly, the only people having the possibility to do
> that are the project owner: lead and co-lead of the project.

Thanks for the support..

I have in fact, just very recently, been given the status of project owner
(there can be many 'owners') for the applicable project in order to
add/remove subscribers from both the discuss and users list.

Obviously this (moderator forced unsub) will only be done under extreme
circumstances since I'm sure everyone will agree that getting users to
understand what they have done and to unsub themselves is still the
preference.

I will continue to monitor both lists, but no action will be taken until
plenty of discussion has been had.

Let me know if there are any queries.

/paul

--

Pablo Picasso<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/p/pablo_picasso.html>
- "Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."