On Feb 4, 2010, at 8:11 AM, Wm Stewart wrote:

> OpenOffice is already 99% open, almost perfect with MS formats.  It does a
> really good job at interoperability.  There is no need to debate it - we know
> OpenOffice can handle MS formats, because it does such a great job already.
> My tests with V3.2 show nearly perfect compatibility.

The quality of OO's ability to read and write MS file formats isn't a true
success, in my mind, because at any moment should OO gain traction Microsoft is
capable of making a change and rendering the quality of OO's reading and
writing to garbage. So that I can't be sure OO is always going to work. Which
really isn't a fair criticism of OO and should be a serious condemnation of MS
but that isn't the way the world sees it unfortunately :(

Captain Nice
cptn.n...@gmail.com

"I love my computer, because  my friends live in it!"