Dear Sir:

Usually Oo uses your default email client to access or send email.

If, as I do, you have multiple email clients, in Win XP you can change your
default email back and forth if you need.

Hence your SMTP server and the associated parameters, (such as SSL or TLS,
etc.) are handled by the email clinent.

I have not tested this in Linux yet, but I would be a bit surprised if it
didn't pick up Thunderbird without too much trouble, depending on the distro
you are using.

Also I am not sure of that would do as well if you were using a very light
desktop.

Best Regards,

Bruce Martin

--