(R. E.) Bruce Martin wrote:
Dear Sir:

Usually Oo uses your default email client to access or send email.

If, as I do, you have multiple email clients, in Win XP you can change your
default email back and forth if you need.

Hence your SMTP server and the associated parameters, (such as SSL or TLS,
etc.) are handled by the email clinent.

I have not tested this in Linux yet, but I would be a bit surprised if it
didn't pick up Thunderbird without too much trouble, depending on the distro
you are using.

Linux is clearly slightly different from XP. As I posted earlier, OOo3.1 on XP does not have the pick-my-email-client option. Linux has this though (at least, for OOo 2.4 on Ubuntu 8.04), buried as someone else pointed out, under Tools|Options. And it seems to work as expected, at least with thunderbird.

CC unsub'd OP. To the OP - it will always help if you specify what program version and OS you are using, as well as details of what you did and saw as a result. "having trouble" could cover anything just about!

--
Mike Scott mike <at> <removeme>.scottsonline.org.uk
Harlow Essex England