As well as meeting apples requirements, an issue with a straight port
is that it must be usable with a touch screen. Assuming that, like the
iPod touch (yuck) that it's just a big version of, it does not come
with a stylus, most users won't be using one. The sheer imprecision of
fingers has the potential to cause sever problems with the menus. I
don't fancy trying to use my touch screen calculator with a very
similar menu system without the stylus. I would get infuriated, and
I'd imagine it would be the same on an iPad. The interface would need
work.