On 06/02/2010 02:01 PM, B B wrote:

> but we are still tied to microsoft because there is no english (US) grammar
> checker available.

None of the currently available grammar checkers for any office sutie
are even close to being able to parse text correctly using the criteria
defined in _The Elements of Style_, much less those found in _The King's
English_. Study those books, and go through documents with them in hand,
to locate and correct grammatical errors.

One of the grammar checkers for OOo ais on a par with the one that comes
with MSO2k7. They are about as useful for that task, as a Honda 250 dirt
bike is, for taking a football team to a game in one trip is.

> Is there anyone working on either an add on, update, or extension for grammar
> check for english (us)?

At least two of the currently available grammar checkers for OOo are
still being actively developed.

jonathon
--
Non-list email sent to this email address is forwarded to Dave Null, unread.