Hi,

Stefan Taxhet (sonews) wrote on 2010-04-15 13.16:

 > To accommodate that initially these elements will carry only the
 > OpenOffice.org logo, the modified text and the sponsor logo on white
 > background. For a new splash we count on an effort run by the OOo
 > project.

An earlier "contest/concourse" is described in our Wiki.
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/w/index.php?title=Art/Gallery/OOo3_Splash_Screen&direction=next&oldid=89477

It would be great if the marketing project could pick this up, drive the
effort and come to a result even appreciable for our users and
contributors.

in yesterday's marketing conference call, we agreed to shift the splash screen contest to 3.4. At the moment, the branding guidelines are not finished yet, and the trademark policy is missing as well, therefore it makes sense to wait until both are ready and then start with a common branding effort and our splash screen.

Florian

--
Florian Effenberger <flo...@openoffice.org>
OpenOffice.org Marketing Project Lead