That's a very strange set of options, and nothing like what I see for regular icons or whatever. But since it doesn't have a Delete option, you should clear the selection of "Always on top" if you ever see it again, then close the toolbar, and check your Startup menu for anything that looks related. If you find something there, delete it. (OOo's QuickStarter could be there, but you can easily live without that or reinstate it through Tools > Options.) This looks like something that would once have pointed to the installation files -- either the downloaded file, or the interim files set up for installation. But the normal OOo installation (downloaded from www.openoffice.org) does not use toolbars at all, so this is unique to wherever you got OOo, and I really wish you'd tell us where that was. You may find other anomalies as you use the program, and we may not be able to help. In any case, further questions really belong on the "users" list (us...@openoffice.org) rather than here.

Good luck with the root canal!

Clancy C Arnold wrote:
Barbara
I right clicked on the banner and a menu dropped down:
View
open folder
Show Text (Check marked)
Show Title  (Check marked)
Close Toolbar
----------------------------
Toolbars
----------------------------
Always on top  (Check marked)
Auto \-Hide  (Check marked)

See picture attached.  I clicked on Open Folder and got the following
error message:

C:\Documents and Settings|Clancy\Desktop\OpenOffoce.org 3.2(en-US)
Installation Files refers to a location that is unavailable.  It could be
on a hard drive on this computer or on a network.  Check to make sure
that the disk is properly inserted, or that you are connected to the
Internet or your network, and then try again.  If it still cannot be
located, the information might have been moved to a different location.

I went back and clicked on Toolbars and the banner went away. Temporary or permanent I will find out later. I will try again tomorrow evening after I recover from a tooth root canal surgery in the morning at 10:45. They say it is painless except to your pocketbook! :-)

Thanks everyone for your help,
Clancy