mike scott-2 wrote:

> So, how on earth did a spammer get hold of this unpublished (and not
> exactly guessable) email addy, and why is collab.net routing this stuff
> for him/her/them? Anyone else been so afflicted?

I saw your post last week  Sorry for the inconvenience! I have been
investigating on your behalf. OpenOffice.org is behind several layers of
spam blocking, but (as it sounds like you're aware) spam-blocking is a
constant war of escalation, and some leakers get through. If you'll forward
the raw message headers to OO.o representatives, along with a report, we can
try to get them added to the rule set.

As to how the spammer came up with that address in the first place: your
login to OO.o is a usable email address (lo...@openoffice.org); that's how
the mail lists and bug system work. The (somewhat out of date) software
version running on OO.o does expose these email addresses in some publicly
accessible, web-crawlable places, including the mail lists that undergird
the issue system, so it's not hard to imagine ways for these addresses to
leak out to spam hauses. We (CollabNet) have made significant improvements
in this area recently, but these upgrades have not yet been accepted for
update onto this particular site.

-----
jr