On 2010/09/25 11:02 AM  Harold Fuchs wrote:

"Barbara Duprey" <b...@onr.com> wrote in message
 On 9/25/2010 3:14 AM, Harold Fuchs wrote:
Gentlepeople,

In us...@openoffice.org Tanstaafl <tansta...@libertytrek.org> said, about OOo
3.2's icons:

=== begin quote ===
Obviously someone on the OOo development team simply doesn't care how
badly they screw things up for users (as evidenced by the brain-dead
decision to switch from colored icons to greyscale)...
=== end quote ===

I have the latest (3.2.1, is that the latest?) OOo on Vista Home Premium and on Win XP Pro. The icons are *not* greyscale, they are coloured. What am I missing, please.

As I understand it, the icons in question are those that represent the OOo component (that is, those for Writer, Calc, etc.) -- not the ones in toolbars, for example. What do you see for these?

Not sure what you mean; I only have the Quickstarter in my System Tray and do everything from there. Ah. If I create a shortcut on my desktop for, say, Writer then that shortcut has an icon that is blue, white and grey. The icon is two circles. The larger is for Writer as opposed to Calc or Impress or .... It is grey and white. The other, smaller circle partly overlaps the larger at about 10 o'clock. It represents OOo (two birds) and is blue and white. The Calc shortcut has the same smaller circle as Writer's but a different larger one although that too is grey and white. Is this what the debate is about?

The debate is about the icon with each file. The icon with each file,sample.odt, sample.odp, sample.ods, are all greyscale rather than different colours as in earlier versions of OOo making it harder to quickly tell which file to open.

--
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada