On Tue, 2010-10-12 at 15:28 +0200, Simone Krais wrote:
> Dear openoffice team,
>
> I am trying to establish an open office database for my work as an
> anthropologist. I need tables with the size of around 300 columns (data
> fields). With the size of 127 I can not go on. Does this probelm has anything
> to do with the type of the fields (INTEGER, TINYINT,...)? What is the
> problem? Can you help me?
>
> Thanks in forward,
>
> kind regards,
>
> Simone Krais

I strongly recommend You to use relational database engine for this
purpose with OOoBase as a frontend, in opposite case You are facing
serious problems endangering Your data. If You are working also with
spatial data (coordinates of sampled data, areas, etc.) I recommend You
to consider a spatial database, like the PostgreSQL/Postgis
(www.postgresql.org, www.postgis.org).

Regards

Tomas