On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 05:48:23PM +0000, Shuva Jyoti Kar wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying deletion of an indirect group on ovs2.5 . Now when I try to
> delete the group using the group-id and group-type without the buckets the
> group-deletion fails with an error OFPGMFC_INVALID_GROUP
>
> The Openflow  1.3.5 spec says that "If a delete request includes some buckets
> in the Group-Mod message, then the switch must return an ofp_error_msg with
> OFPET_GROUP_MOD_FAILED type and OFPGMFC_INVALID_GROUP code."
>
> I also find that if I delete the group without the group-type it goes
> through(have seen the same through cli). Since the Openflow1.3.5
> specification states :
> "For delete requests (OFPGC_DELETE), if no group entry with the specified
> group identifier currently exists in the group table, no error is recorded,
> and no group table modification occurs. Otherwise, the group is removed, and
> all flow entries containing this group in a Group action are also removed.
> The group type need not be specified for the delete request. Delete also
> differs from an add or modify with no buckets specified in that future
> attempts to add the group identifier will not result in a group exists error.
> If one wishes to effectively delete a group yet leave in flow entries using
> it, that group can be cleared by sending a modify with no buckets specified."
>
> Sending the group-type should not result in the group-deletion failing as
> that is not mandatory by the spec.
>
> Is this a bug in ovs2.5 ?

Hi Shuva,

I see a problem in implementing the above in that the type field
is always present in group modification entries (struct ofp_group_mod)
and thus it doesn't seem to be an obvious way to omit it.

One possibility I see would be to ignore the type when processing group
deletion requests - perhaps this was the intention of the specification, I
am unsure.